The Dymo LabelWriter 4XL is arguably the most widely used thermal label printer for eBay shipping labels and for a good reason. It’s more affordable than the majority of the competition but can rival high-performance thermal label printers that can print out thousands of labels each month.
The LabelWriter 4XL is also the easiest to use right out of the box, both for Mac and PC. You don’t need to do any calibration whatsoever, and the printer delivers consistent flawless performance. The 4XL specializes in printing out shipping labels fast, and this includes 4″ x 6″ shipping labels directly from eBay.
All-purpose label printers can’t compete with its speed and compatibility in printing 4×6 label rolls. Conventional desktop printers, meanwhile, need ink and specialty label sheets that can cost a fortune. Click here to view all the Dymo 4xl labels that you can use.
Setting up your Dymo Label Printer
So you want to print eBay shipping labels with your Dymo LabelWriter? First and foremost, you need to set up your printer correctly. Before you Begin:
- Ensure that your Mac or PC is presently connecting on the Internet
- Complete the steps in the LabelWriter Quick Start Guide for “Unpacking your LabelWriter Printer” and “Connecting your LabelWriter Printer.”
- Load the appropriate 4″ x 6″ label roll into the Dymo 4XL. Do the steps in the Quick Start Guide for “Loading Labels.”
- Download and install the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL software from your computer. Click here so you can go directly to the software download page on Dymo’s website.
Printing Dymo 4xl Labels 4×6 for eBay
After completing the necessary preparations above, your Dymo LabelWriter should now be ready to print eBay shipping labels. Here are the five easy steps to do next:
Step # 1. Purchase your eBay Label
Once you get an order confirmation email from eBay, please open it and click on the Print Shipping Label button. This action will direct you straight to eBay’s web page for buying and printing postage. Make sure to click on the Printer and label receipt preferences before purchasing your postage. If you don’t, your label may not have the right format for your printer.
Step # 2. Select your 4×6 Label Printer
A window titled “Label printing preferences” will pop up on your screen. Follow these steps to proceed:.
- Go to the “What printer are you using?” drop-down menu and select your printer
- For your Dymo LabelWriter 4XL, select “Zebra LP2844 4 x 6,” a compatible 4″ x 6″ printer as your option.
- Click on Save and the action will direct you back to the “Purchase and print postage” web page
Step # 3. Enter your Shipping details
On the “Purchase and print postage” page, go to Package Details section and select these set of essential shipping information:
- Additional Options
eBay will then calculate and display your cost for the postage based on your options.
Step # 4. Finalize your Purchase
Check the postage cost and adjust your selections accordingly if you want a different amount.
- If you are ready to make the purchase click on the Purchase postage button
- Go over your PayPal payment method and check for any inaccuracies
- If you want to proceed with the payment method, click Agree, and then Continue
Step # 5. Print your Dymo 4xl Labels
The label you purchased will appear in a window on your screen. Here, you’ll be able to view its layout exactly once you print it out.
- Check the “Target Printer” shown at the top of the label image and make sure it’s the right one. It’s important to note that the Target Printer must show your actual printer model, which is the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL, and not the printer you chose from the “Label printing preferences” window, which was the Zebra LP2844 4 x 6, in step 2.
- If everything is correct, click on Print Label
- Your Dymo LabelWriter 4XL will now start printing your eBay shipping Label
Troubleshooting Tips that you May Come in Handy
There’s a chance that the correct printer model won’t appear on your label preview screen. This error is quite common, and you can resolve it easily with these three steps:
- Click on the link that says “open the label window” and then Select Target Printer next.
- Choose the correct printer in the Available Printer List
- After selecting your printer, click Save
The issue may still linger even after doing the troubleshooting. If you still can’t find your printer on the label preview screen, redo the first and second steps above. If your printer appears on the screen, but the label preview is incorrect, click refresh.
See Infographic below↓